ENROLMENTS 2018 - 2019
Every year, an enrolment Policy organises the enrolments in the European school system. The enrolment policy for the school year 2018-2019 is available on the European Schools website (www.eursc.eu).
The enrolment form for the school year 2018-2019 are available on the European institutions intranet and via the schools (please send an email to the enrolment secretary to have the form).
First enrolment phase:
- From 11 to 30 January 2018
Second enrolment phase :
- From 19 February to 15 June 2018
- From 02 july to 24 August 2018
- Between 1st February and 14th February 2018
- For category I pupils and category II* pupils (children of the staff of Eurocontrol) whose parent is in post on 31 December 2017: submission of the application during the FIRST PHASE is mandatory (article 2.5)
- For category I pupils and category II* pupils (children of the staff od Eurocontrol) whose parent is taking up his/her post as from 1 January 2018 : submission of the application during the FIRST or SECOND PHASE (article 2.6)
- For category II pupils, children of the civilian staff of NATO (international civilian staff) and of UN employees (international civil servants) and category III pupils (article 7.4) submission of the application during the SECOND PHASE is mandatory (article 2.7)
Children who attended the school during the school year 2017/2018 will be automatically enrolled for the school year 2018/2019.
Children in the final year of the nursery and who meet the age requirements will be automatically put on the admission lists for the first year of the primary school.
Pupils shall be admitted to the nursery school at the beginninf of the school year in September of the calendar year in which the child reaches four years of age (born in 2014 for the school year 2018/2019).
CROSS-TRANSFERS: Between 1st February and 14th February 2018
In accordance with Article 9.C. of the Policy on enrolment in the Brussels European Schools for the 2018/2019 school year (www.eursc.eu):
Between 1st February and 14th February 2018, the legal representatives of children attending one of the Brussels European Schools may submit a cross-transfer application, in order to offer to exchange the place held by their child for a place held by another child at a specific school/site, in anticipation of the beginning of the 2018/2019 school year in September 2018.
Cross-transfer applications will be submitted on the basis of a special online form, available from the European Schools' website (https://www.eursc.eu/en/European-Schools/enrolments/enrolment-policy-Brussels-ES/2018-2019).
Cross-transfer applications will be allowed solely for pupils who were on roll in the nursery classes and in classes up to and including S4 during the 2017/2018 school year. These applications will be irrevocable, the two pupils being automatically transferred by dint of the Central Enrolment Authority’s decision, without its being possible for the applicants to refuse the place offered.
TO DELIVER AN APPLICATION FORM
The application accompanied by all the documents required can be:
- Either sent by post : ordinary letter, registered letter or express letter at the following address:
Ecole Européenne de Bruxelles IV
86, Drève Sainte-Anne
- Or delivered to the school enrolment secretariat
The enrolment office (G building - 2nd floor) is open by appointments only from Monday until Friday: 9:00 - 12:00 and 14:00 - 16:00. Please follow the link to take an appointment: www.galeli.progenda.be
During school holidays, the enrolment office is not accessible for parents. Thank you for sending us the completed forms by post.
We invite you to read the article 47 e) of the General Rules of the European schools (available on www.eursc.eu under «Legal basis ») regarding the choice of the language section.
To read the article, please click here.
If you need more information regarding enrolments, please contact Mrs Gamze GALELI : firstname.lastname@example.org